Flu clinics will feel very different this year due to COVID-19. Please ensure you read the information below thoroughly:
You can only have a free NHS flu vaccination if you are eligible. Please visit www.nhs.uk/flu-influenza-vaccine to find out more if you are not sure.
You will receive an invite by text or letter or call telling you that you are eligible and inviting you to make an appointment. Please wait until you receive your invite before you book.
Healthy 50 to 64 year olds which the Government announced may be included this year should not book a flu appointment until we have confirmation of additional flu vaccination stock. You will be contacted later in the year if/when this becomes available.
Please contact your surgery if you are allergic to eggs or chicken as we will need to make special arrangements for you. Please also note that if you feel unwell, have a temperature or infection on the day or just before your flu appointment you will need to call us to cancel and rebook it when you are feeling better.
We need all of our patients to help us more than ever. You can start by signing up for the NHS App or website to book your flu appointment online. This helps keep our phone lines free for sick patients.
Visit www.nhs.uk/the-nhs-app to sign up.
When booking your appointment please be sure to make your appointment in the correct slot according to your age as follows:
Flu 65 years and over only
Flu 18 to 64 years only
Due to the pandemic we cannot have our waiting rooms open in order to maintain social distancing. We are therefore holding clinics at Great Oakley Village Hall.
Please be aware of the following important information before attending your appointment:
- The Surgery car park will be open for all flu clinics. Please if possible can you park at the surgery and walk across to the Village Hall for safety reasons due to the volume of patients flowing in and out.
- It is essential that you arrive on time for your appointment. Please do not be early or late as we have a lot of patients who need to be guided through safely during the clinic.
- You must wear a face covering when attending the surgery for your flu vaccine unless you are exempt. This is to protect others as well as yourself.
- You may have to wait outside of the Village Hall building until your time slot. Please socially distance from other patients throughout your visit.
- Bring an umbrella! We cannot guarantee the weather and there may not be anywhere to shelter.
- Ensure that you are wearing loose fitting clothes in order to be able to expose the top of your arm quickly and easily. Please be ready when you reach your clinician.
Please note that we are unable to discuss any other medical issues at our flu clinics due to the large volume of patients who need to be constantly moved through the building.